Sunday, August 23, 2009
Japanese Summer Festival
As this semester I took Japanese 101,Japanese Summer Festival is an event that cannot be missed. I was so lucky to be picked to go=) Was really an experience that I will never forget. For the first time I attended such festival when I always envy those japanese girls wearing yukata to summer festival. Too bad this time when I arrive after class, I was too late to rental a yukata to wear=/ So gonna get one for the festival next year. It is really fun as the event was filled with japanese drums performances,japanese folk dance, songs and japanese kids running around the field.
This year the event was held at Japanese Primary school at Changi and was the first time the event was open to public.But the queue was crazily long, when I arrived there at 4.45pm, there were at least 500ppl in the queue.Luckily I was given the ticket to attend the festival=) Apparently, the event is only open to a special group of people besides Japanese for the past few years. Japanese food and drinks were great too, I tried the tomato juice that tasted alittle like soft drink. The yoghurt drink taste great too. But it was a pity that 150 Apple Candy was sold out in 10mins=( I did not get to eat it. The kids from the family that I was attach wanted the candy too, and all of us did not get a chance to get it.=/Met lots of cute japanese guys though! haha.. Soccer boys.. hehe.. Heard that there were very little games this year. Last year there were water games where we need to catch fish using paper net etc. This year we had the normal five stone, cap teh and marbles stuff.By the time the event ended, it was 9 plus but getting out was crazy.
Missed Ellyn bday celebration this time due to the festival=( Felt so bad coz liyun was not feeling well and nv atend too. haiz.. Did not get to go Zixiang's shop too. my fault.. Hopefully the next japanese event don't clash with my gathering!! so hard to make decision. But next year's Japanese Summer Festival we can go as S13 girl gathering *ellyn's suggestion! haha>.<