Saturday, April 04, 2009
-No Regrets-
I guess I have no regrets. After seeing Sarah's teacher at the Parents-Teachers meeting, I think I can undestand why Da Jie and Sarah hated the school so much.
Their system was nv like SR. I arrived before my parents to settle the nitty gritty stuff like seeing her CT who is a PE teacher that do not teach her any subject or even PE. All he told me was that my father was a fierce man. I was rather pisssed coz I do not need a guy to tell me that the man I lived with for 22yrs is fierce. I had first hand blows when the volcano erupts. So yeah.. I saved that teacher's ass by arriving first. If he was to speak to my dad, I think he is dead. But the subjects teachers were a disappointment. First, the chem teacher told sarah that she is having dinner and will get back to her later. I was about to say," Excuse me?!" My parents are waiting and it was the session that they called Parents- Teachers meeting and they choose to eat dinner and make parents wait for them. Interesting isn't it? Then comes the shocking part, when my dad asked what are Sarah's weakness, they answered "that is for her to identity, as long as she put in effort, she will make it" Truthfully speaking, I wanted to be really rude yesterday, but Dad beats me to it. haha.. He took this analogy "A guy training for IPPT, can run thrice a day, morning, afternoon and night. But he can still fail. Does that mean that the guy never put in effort? " All my dad wanted to highlight was that effort in the correct direction like if her way of answering is correct or is her grasp of concept is sufficient. The answer take we got was a disappointment. Self, everything is self. Bullshit. If so, why do I send my sister to school, since it is self. All I hope was that the teacher is there to guide her! Is it so difficult? No remedial and stuff, I still remember SR having Organic Chem remedial for many of us coz of our consecutive failures in the topic.
Last night, I saw tears in Sarah's eyes. I know she is disappointed with the teachers' answers too. I guess she feels that she is all by herself now. and I think I should be here to support her, now I know I wil not regret my decision to reject my echange placement offer. Stupid school. I will not let them ruin Sarah like how they ruin Da Jie.