I just love Japanese food. haha.. Never knew Ian could speak a little Japanese, so was pretty shock yesterday. =p
Initially chose the spicy chicken soup base ramen, but Ian wanted that too. Because I wanted that, he took the plain chicken soup base instead. Felt so bad... so end up I lied saying I don't like the spicy soup base and instead took his bowl of plain soup base. Added a stewed egg at $1. If there is any soup left over and you would like some more noodles, it will only cost you $1. The bowl of ramen cost $12. Tasted very different from Ajisen though. But I felt really sinful. There is this couple next to us. The guy and girl shared a bowl of ramen!!!!! Ian and I had individual bowls. Feel so bad.. The worse has yet to come.We ordered a side dish too. Stewed belly pork.
Look at the juicy fats. It is so delicious. Truthfully speaking, I am not a great fan of fatty meat but this meat really made me fell in love with it. The fats will melt once it is in your mouth. As I ate it while it is hot, there is no oily feeling in my mouth. haha.. The girl sitting next to me at the counter table was looking at me in awe. I have no guilt coming to eating the fatty meat. That couple also had side dish, but is lean japanese char siew. Haha.. now you know why our sizes are so different from the couple next to us. =p
Not forgetting the stewed egg that was in our ramen. It is so beautiful.
See the different layers. Truthfully speaking, I thought the egg was just not properly cooked, but I realised they are all like that. Ian and the guy sitting next to him had the eggs like that too. The egg white had 2 layers. The outer has already coagulated while the inner egg white is like half boiled egg. The yolk had 3 layers. The outer is yellow yolk that is totally cooked, the 2nd layer is like half solidfy and the most inner yolk is like the yolk in sunny side up eggs. Damn nice!!!
But the dinner cost me $38.80 inclusive of gst and service charge. So now you can roughly guess the price of the fatty meat. If you are truly not a fan for fatty meat, I suggest don't try that. Coz you will definitely think it is dear for 3 pieces of stewed meat.
Had my dessert too. Making up for the missed chance before exams.
Had Hokkaida hotballs with dumplings, red bean and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

As usual like huiting and yun will know, I will attack the dumplings like I always did when eating red bean paste with the white dumplings together with them. Ian loves the hotball. Not too sweet when mix with the ice cream and most importantly, it is still crispy!!! The red bean paste is not as sweet as the usual ones we get outside. That's not it. We ordered another one.haha..
It was a little disappointing for this dessert. The soft ice-cream has sold out. so they changed ours to this simple scoop of mango ice cream. the only thing I like was the base that is made of sweet potato. it is crispy and natural taste of sweet potato. I think it would have been much better with soft ice cream. But yeah... still don't understand how can soft ice cream be sold out on a weekday and worse when soft ice cream is included in 60% of the desserts they offered. haiz... so yup, this cost him about $20 inclusive of service charge and gst. Dating is expensive. But once in a while, pampering is ok. More hawker food next time.. haha..
Ian was alittle unhappy that I insisted on paying the dinner. Why can girls pay? Moreover it is not our first date.. Just don't understand why some guys are so serious over such matter.
Reached home by 9pm. Was really tired. Cut my hair till that thick long black hair has become shoulder length. After my intership it will be shorter. Everyone in my family seems not happy with my idea of short hair. Will think about it.
Off to orchard to look for my ex-collegues for lunch.. ciao~