Sunday, December 16, 2007
-holiday-
Almost one month since I last updated my blog..
Was on holiday once my exams ended.
Went to malaysia for 3 days to have a food frenzy with my cousin and parents, followed by 4 days staying in Hainan Island village, 2 days 1 night at Sanya and 1 day 1 night at Haikou. 4 days 3 nights in Hong Kong and lastly 3 days 2 nights in Guangzhou.
Sounds interesting? It was but I never thought travelling was so tired. I had great fun in the village!!! waking up at sunrise. 0620am walking around the village, chasing geese, chickens and seeing the cow "dunging". The air is so fresh that you really hate going to the city. However, my tummy cannot take the kind of food. Had diahorrea all the while when I was in China. Got myself tanned when I when to the Sanya beaches. Saw the Ms World posters around as the event ended 4 days before I visited the place. =p No wonder Ms singapore did not stand a chance...
Haikou got nothing except the seafood dinner I had. I ate 6 scallops. and it only cost S$1.20=) Cheap, right? Sarah ate so much more=p But as usual the output was horrible.
Flew to Guangzhou and took a train to Hongkong. Do you know the flight price from Haikou to Hongkong is 1.5 times of Singapore to HongKong? Damn ex. so the train was what my uncle and I thought to be most worthwhile. So we spent the money we saved on more scallop, desserts and dim sum. ^_^ I ate 2 types of desserts each night after a wonderful dinner at the place Sigmund recommend- Sweet dynasty.. damn nice!!! Ate Chaozhou food, roasted goose noodle, maxim's dim sum, century egg with lean meat, scallop dumpling noodles, chee cheong fan, po lou bao etc..
Disneyland Hong Kong was so-so.. very small.. the only thing that freak me out was the Space Mountain. I cried for my mummy.. haha.. Sarah keep laughing at me for that. I am afraid of the dark u know... then that roller coaster was in the dark.. so fast and dark.. argh...my legs were so soft after that ride. couldn't really stand after the cart came to a stop and Sarah happily skipping away after stepping out of the cart not even realising her sister was not behind her-.-''
When to the wax museum too.. took lots of pictures=p The peak was really cold at night.. but beautiful scenery. The star ferry ride was memorable because I fell on my uncle as the ferry was too unstable and I caused his nikon camera that cost S$700 to fall on the floor. breaking the cover that protect the lens. Felt so bad...=( but my uncle did not scold me at all, instead he asked whether I have injure myself at any point... haiz..
By the way, I did not buy anything from hongkong except for a disney keychain, earring, necklace and cookie.. the rest of my money went to food. Hongkong people love branded stuff... something that I at this age do not want to own any.. so nothing really attracted me=( Clothes like those sold at bugis are hardly my style and winter clothings are the majority items sold in flea markets.. so yup wat's nice to shop in HongKong?
Guangzhou was less fun.. nothing to buy though bags, accessories and clothes were cheap. Shoes that are often seen in Far East and Bugis only cost S$4-10 there. but I don't wear those kinds nowadays.. only take up space and collect dust if I buy so came back empty handed but contented tummy=)
Came home two days ago.. busy unpacking my bags, getting to the weather and stuff... running errands to drop gifts that I bought for mummy's and daddy's friends.. Feel so bad they kept giving me red packets to bless me with a safe trip... I collected about $100 and Sarah too... All gave to dad and mum.. =) don't need to cash.. sarah and I felt that daddy and mummy can use it to buy better food for us^_^
More pictures will be uploaded next entry...
christmas shopping this week.. happy...