Monday, July 03, 2006
-19-
-19-
Today I turned 19. Time passed very fast. It was like I just celebrated my 18 birthday last year. The memory was still so fresh in my mind. Celebrating at zoo with the tau, having a half jacket and shorts from my class and breaking up. Everything was just like yesterday. But actually a year has passed. Yesterday was one of the saddest day this year. My 18th year in life ended with Andri leaving Singapore for good. My best friend has gone to Melbourne. Though we say one day we will meet up again, how true will it get? We make promise to meet, but when the brand new life starts, how free can we be to meet up again. Take the JC life for example. We only had weekends and after school to meet. Now not only our new University life is starting, the hectic lifestyle sets in, we are in different counrty. With different plans of school holiday, is it possible for us to meet and spend time together again?
Arrived at airport in the morning yesterday. He gave me a present. My 19 birthday present. A gift, a first gift from him. Looking at the present last night, I remembered all those memories we had. Eating with liyun, shopping at kino, talking and quarreling over the phone, tripping him in school, dancing with him till the moment we met and spoke to each other. Tears just rolled down my face. One of my JC best friend, just wanna say thank you. Thinking of the life we are starting, the chances we will get to meet, I bet I'll miss you lots. Maybe down my life road, the memory will slowly fade away, but now I'll never forget the things you've done for me.
Thank you