Friday, June 02, 2006
-Road and coffee-
-Road and Coffee-
Have anyone realised that whenever we walk foward towards a foreign destination, the journey is always so long and difficult? However, the journey of walking away from the place and back to where we came from is so short and easier?I was walking to the Bank at Ari Station today. I suddenly felt this way. Similarly, in life when we are heading towards a new resolution, there seems to have many obstacles and lessons to learn. And we learn even more when we have reached the goal and is returning back to square one. Last week, life for me is so difficult. Trying not to be a spoilt brat, trying to live a life that I never tried before. Conditions were much worse than Yunnan OCIP trip. Due to the heavy rain in northern Thailand, there were many waterlogs and infested with mosquitoes. The day was warm where the sun is burning my skin,and I told myself not to apply those moisturiser in front of them as I'm trying to live with them. But to my surprise, they have plenty of rice but no vegetables and meat. All I had was white rice with some chilli dry food. It really taste wonderful. And I learnt how to cook that too. So when I'm back in Singapore, I wanna cook for mummy to eat. Haha.. Now back in Bangkok, life is much simplier. I appreciate every meal I have and the place I stay in. It quite a disgrace that my uncle have to come fetch me back to Bangko because I was really sick. Luckyily is just slight fever and flu. I was so afraid that it was Malaria or dengue. Haha.. But yup.
I learnt to drink black coffee too. Lat time I practically drink 3 in 1 coffee which has milk and any coffee with milk. But after watching Meteor Garden, listening to what Xi Men has said, I tried. He said to Xia You, the first taste of black coffee is very bitter and people often think that is not for human to drink such stuff. But on the second taste, the coffee does not taste as bitter as before. Instead it has a strong aroma and taste great. I drank and totally agree. But I must admit the first mouth if of it was very bitter. I did not even add sugar. But yup, it applys to life too. On our first encounter with an obstacle, the pain it leaves you with maybe unbearable. But the second time since we have learn about the character of such problem, we know how to handle it. And instead of belittling of onself after failing, one should be more confident. Be more determined. Instead of saying, "I'm such a failure" "I cannot make it" "I'm useless", say this " I'll be back" "I'll be successful" "I'll make the whole world see me". That's the way of life!
So the next time I meet a problem, I'll say that!! And for the Chiang Mai trip, I'll be back. At that time, NO FEVER!!! hahah