Tuesday, April 04, 2006
-Bring it on-
-Bring it on-
Damn, let's keep this short. I flunged my interview for Accountancy course at SMU.
Though I'm not that keen of going into SMU but I hate the feeling of screwing things up.
Nothing went right from the start. Went to the wrong bus stop and ended up walking to the School of Accountancy till the extent of looking for the enterance to the building. Looking practically dumb in the dress sense. Totally not me. I looked like some mid-20s freak looking for a job instead of a student going to university. And why do I have to look like that? My parents and uncle said that I cannot wear jeans for an interview as it look total inappropriate. But guess what? Most people turned up that way. Coolly in jeans and t-shirt. Girls wore levis jeans, high heels and low-cut MNG sweater. I looked dumb. Nervous and fear soon engulfed me. Majority people there got at least 2As or took SAT and 'S' paper. So what the hell am I doing there. Total freaked out. All the rich people are there. Branded bags, shoes, watches and to the extent of what school they came from. I saw 4ACJC people. 2 AJC. and others i not so sure. But the clothes they wear definitely rich. I felt so out of place. Really wanted to get out of there.
I'm in total dilemnia. I don't wanna go there but my parents will be disappointed. I will feel total out of place if I enter that school for my university life. I felt so sick for the two hours I stayed in the school. What the hell am I doing there? The interview was not fine at all too. The interviewer asked,
1. Why accountancy?
2. Why SMU?
3. What ur project work all about?
4. Talked about the recent coverage of the general election.
Look! I was away for 3 weeks. How the hell do I know? So i frankly told them about my absence in Singapore. Guess what? They asked me about thailand situation. I spoke my heart out. But I could feel myself stammering. Great! I flunged it. What else can I say? Left the room and went straight home. I was feeling numb the whole day. Luckyliy I did nto meet up with liyun and Huiting. If not I would have dampen everyone mood. Slept the whole afternoon once I showered. I just could not explain. Should I be happy that I will not go into SMU or should I be disappointed for my performance? Looking at my dad, I just don't know what to say. The word "sorry" just couldn't come out. Went to bed after doing some sewing and talking to andri. Tossed in bed and kept thinking about the senario in the room. Goodness. Why am I being stress over this. Results of all posting will only be known by 2nd May. Bring it on! I'm not afraid of the outcome. I'm prepared.